Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ramen Makes Me Happy

Hello & happy Saturday! I tried out some good 'ol ramen last night at Hisago. It's a small restaurant that I wouldn't have otherwise noticed if I didn't do a ramen search on Yelp, lol. It was savory, very filling, and satisfying. Ramen seems so simple. It's just a bowl of noodles, right? But I feel like the chewy texture of the noodles combined with the savory broth is a unique enough combination for me to say when I crave ramen, I am craving that specific type of noodle only. 

Tonkatsu Chasumen
This particular bowl had a very generous amount of pork. I don't usually see bowls with this many slices anymore, nor this large of a slice. However, I felt that it was just a touch on the dry side. Tim, however, thought it tasted just fine. Odd, because he's usually the more pickier eater between the two of us. The soft-boiled egg was great and still a little gooey in the center. As for the noodles, well...after I was full, I still wanted to keep eating the noodles.

Katsudon
Maybe it was because I tasted this pork first, but I thought was a lot better than the pork in my bowl of ramen, it was sweeter and had more flavor.

Maguro Poke
This tuna poke is sweeter than I expected. Also, I wished there was more tuna. lol
Agedashi Tofu
I love tofu. Because of the aerial view, it's hard to see that each piece of tofu was almost the size of my palm.

Pickled vegetables
I just wanted to take a photo of the complimentary vegetables to show the chopstick holder I folded with the paper wrapping that came with the chopsticks, lol.

Took these pictures after we came home. After a long day and long week, please excuse my messy hair and tired expression. I don't know why I can't shake the under-eye bags at all anymore. Aging is inevitable, right?
Oh also, on the weekends, I like to dress very differently from my usual weekly office attire. Ergo, breaking out the faux leather leggings that haven't seen the outside of my closet in a while.



Target x Neiman Marcus Collection Proenza Schouler Sweater
H&M Faux Leather Leggings (similar)
Lace-up ankle boots (similar)

 I picked these booties up from eBay a while back. I've seen a lot of lace-up, combat-style boots, but I wanted a pair with a heel. I couldn't find any, so I turned to eBay. I think they might still be available if you search for lace-up ankle boots.  I wear them any time I want a little heel height and don't want to sacrifice comfort, which is pretty much what I always want. They're about 3 inches tall with a chunky heel. The flaps around the opening of the boot can be folded upwards, which I do occasionally for extra warmth, not so much for style. Seeing these pictures here makes me that much more aware of my short, stubby legs, lol, oh well.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Love this simple outfit :) pretty!
    And oh! Now I'm craving for hot ramen :D
    Smize with Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I'm always craving something and thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. The food looks delicious and healthy!

    www.petitestyleonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how healthy it is, but it was delicious!

      Delete
  3. YAY for more food! Have you been to Shin-Sen-Gumi in LA? Their broth is out of this world and I've been wanting to find something similar here. I'll have to check this out.

    Your hair is so pretty! Do you have any hairstylist recommendations? Preferably with Asian hair experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but you make me want to plan a trip to LA now. lol
      Thank you so much! But my hair is very plain and boring. I don't do anything to it. I'll message you.

      Delete
  4. The food looks so good!! And i love your outfit! and your legs def don't look short and stubby!

    Jenn
    A Petite Treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so nice to hear!

      Delete